LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

WWLTV.com
Email: webteam@wwltv.com | Twitter: @WWLTV

NEW ORLEANS -- New Orleans firefighters quickly put out a fire started by an industrial dryer at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome Sunday afternoon.

A spokesman for the Superdome said Sunday that the fire started on the ground floor in the Northeast corner of the Dome.

There was no significant damaged caused by the smoke or flames, however, officials did air out the area to try and get rid of the smell of smoke inside the arena.

Two weeks from Sunday, the Mercedes-Benz Superdome will host Super Bowl XLVII.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/2014/09/03/14569072/