LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

WWLTV.com
Email: webteam@wwltv.com | Twitter: @WWLTV

NEW ORLEANS -- A small heating unit may be to blame for a fire that broke out Wednesday afternoon at an assisted living complex in Marrero.

Jefferson Parish firefighters responded, and the sprinkler system helped to quickly put out the fire at the Wynhoven Apartments.

The Archdiocese of New Orleans says 10 of the 350 apartment units received some water damage.

The 50 elderly residents who live in the building were evacuated. They have since been allowed to return to their apartments.

No one was hurt.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/2014/09/04/14634092/