Louisiana Bicentennial Military Parade
Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne, retired Lt. General Russel Honore and the Louisiana Bicentennial Commission will host the Louisiana Bicentennial Military Parade at 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, in New Orleans.
Schedule of events:
- 10 a.m. -- Wreath laying ceremony at Veterans Memorial Square, Metairie. Participants: Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne; John F. Young, Jefferson Parish president; At-Large Councilmen Elston lagasse and Christopher Roberts; Councilwoman Cynthia Lee-Sheng; Councilmen Ricky J.Templet, Paul D Johnston, Mark D. Spears Jr. and E. Ben Zahnlll; Bicentennial Commission
- 2 p.m. -- Dog Tag Press Conference at the Cabildo. Lt. Governor Dardenne will present Louisiana WWII veteran John Mack's recovered dog tag to the Mack family. The dog tag will be carried in the military parade where it will ultimately be placed on display at the National WWII Museum. Participants: Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne; Morris Mack (John Mack's nephew); Nick Mueller, President and CEO of the National WWII Museum and retired Lt. General Russel Honore.
- 3 p.m. -- Bicentennial Military Parade
Media reviewing stands will be located in Washington Artillery Park across from Jackson Square. For a detailed map of the parade route, visit www.LouisianaBicentennial2012.com.
- 4:15 p.m. -- Military Swearing in Ceremony (NOTE: Time is approximate, exact time will depend on parade) National WWII Museum. New military recruits will take the Oath of Enlistment to begin their military service.
Kenner Veterans Day celebration
- Mayor Michael S. Yenni and the Kenner City Council will host its' annual Veterans Day Ceremony to honor local veterans at Kenner Veterans Park located at 1901 Williams Boulevard in Kenner.
- Yenni is extending an invitation to all military personnel who serve our country. The celebration will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 7, 2012. T
- The Mayor will be joined by the Kenner City Council, Kenner Police Chief Steve Caraway and Chaplain Major Tom Paine with the La. National Guard. Guest speakers include three local veterans: Mr. Claude Todaro, Petty Officer 1st class US Navy, WWII; Mr. Henry Polito, Airman 1st class US Air Force, Korean War; and Mr. Arthur Tudela, Corporal US Marine Corp, Vietnam War.
St. John Veterans Day Parade:
- The 2nd Annual St. John Parish Veterans Day Parade and Celebration will be held on Sunday, November 11, 2012 beginning at 2:00 p.m. to honor St. John's local veterans.
The parade will begin at Home Depot in LaPlace and travel down Airline Highway to the Southeast Louisiana (SELA) War Veterans Home in Reserve. Residents are invited to wave American Flags and salute the veterans in the procession of convertibles, jeeps, motorcycles, and service oriented vehicles travel along Airline Hwy.
Send us your Veterans Day events at email@example.com to add them to the listing.