LSUbegins a brutal stretch in its schedule with a road trip at unbeaten Florida. Here are some facts about that game.
- This year's meeting marks just the fourth time in the series that LSU and Florida go into the game both ranked in the top 10. Both teams were ranked in Top 10 in 2009 (Florida No. 1, LSU No. 4); 2007 (LSU No. 1, Florida No. 9) and 2006 (Florida No. 5, LSU No. 9).
- It's also the fifth time that both teams go into the game undefeated. The other times it's happened came in 2009 (Both teams 5-0); 1996 (Florida 5-0, LSU 4-0); 1982 (Florida 3-0, LSU 2-0); and 1967 (Both teams 2-0).
- LSU is 5-0 for the fourth straight year and the fifth time in eight years under Les Miles. Prior to Miles' arrival in 2005, LSU had opened 5-0 just six times since 1935 (SEC era).
- 20 players on the LSU roster have been responsible for either a sack, tackle for loss, interception or forced/recovered fumble.
- LSU has swept the SEC Eastern Division for the past two years and the Tigers have won 7 straight games vs. teams from the SEC East, including a 42-10 win over Georgia in SEC title game last year.
- Overall, LSU has won 9 straight SEC games that count towards the league standings (doesn't include Georgia in SEC title game in 2011 and Alabama in BCS game).
LSU is 24-9 on the road under Les Miles which includes a 20-9 record in SEC road games.
LSU has scored 18 special teams touchdowns under Les Miles (10 punt returns, 3 kickoff returns, 2 returns of a blocked field goal, 1 return of a fumbled punt, 1 return of a blocked punt, and 1 fake field goal).
LSU's defense has scored 11 TDs and recorded 2 safeties under defensive coordinator John Chavis (45 games).
- LSU is ranked in the Top 10 in both the AP and USA Today Coaches Polls for the 23rd consecutive week. The streak dates back to the final polls of the 2010 season.