ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH - Freezing temperatures are expected to hit the area this afternoon with freezing rain and sleet by evening hours. Some snow is possible early Wednesday morning. The Emergency Operations Center is activated and residents can call 985-652-2222 for questions or information. Dial 9-1-1 to report emergencies.
Conservation measures remain in place through Thursday morning. Please minimize ALL activities that require large quantities of water including filling bath tubs, washing clothes, running dishwashers, flushing toilets. It is CRITICAL that residents heed the water conservation instructions to prevent the loss water services.
POWER OUTAGES - 1-800-9OUTAGE - entergy.com
Residents should be prepared to stay indoors for the next 48 hours with possible power outages for extended periods of time.
EMERGENCY RADIO CHANNEL - WWL 870 AM
- Run a very slow drip on one faucet farthest from where water enters the house
- Stay off roads
- Plan for a three day supply of water, food and medication
- Check on elderly relatives, friends and neighbors during freezing temperatures
- Keep flashlights ready with extra batteries
- Place generators OUTSIDE to prevent carbon monoxide from entering the home.
- Report Power Outages to Entergy at 1-800-9OUTAGE
- Bring pets and plants indoors
- Wrap and protect exposed pipes
- Dial 9-1-1 in case of emergency
No closures at this time. Visit lsp.org, 511la.org, or call 511 for statewide road closure information.
Services are cancelled for today. More information on Wednesday's garbage collection will be released by close of business today.
All schools and St. John government offices are closed today, January 28 and Wednesday, January 29.