Carl Arredondo / WWL-TV Chief Meteorologist

Monday thoughts of upcoming weather.

FLASH FLOOD WATCH for the entire area through Tuesday evening. There will be periods of heavy rain especially where the front stalls. As long as a Flash Flood Watch is in effect, there is a flooding threat for everyone through Tuesday evening.

Rain is not as bad as it looked Friday and over the weekend. There is a persistant line of rain north and west of the lake and it has been there all day. Rain chance for the evening 60% for passing showers. At this point, don't expect it to be heavy. Rain chance go down overnight to 40%. There could be some fog in morning. Lows Tuesday morning in the upper 50s.

Turning breezy Mardi Gras day, with winds increasing to 15-20 mph. Rain chance 50% through 2pm then increases after that to 70%. An area of low pressure is still expected to move towards SE LA and increase the rain. Timing may still chnage on the rain moving towards us. Highs will be around 70.

Read or Share this story: