Email: | Twitter: @WWLTV

NEW ORLEANS -- New guests are checking in to the Hotel Intercontinental after a four-alarm fire ripped through its laundry room Saturday night.

Hundreds of hotel guests were forced to evacuate after a linen press caught fire.

You could see smoke coming from the fourth floor laundry room Saturday night.

Hotel officials say guests with existing reservations are being allowed to check in, with new bookings on hold until Monday.

None of the hotel rooms were damaged, just the laundry room, and hotel executives say they will send their laundry out for cleaning until the damage from the smoke and fire can be repaired.

Read or Share this story: