This month is National Safety Month so it’s the perfect time to remind everyone to be courteous when you’re driving. We’re talking about being mindful of everyone on the road, including pedestrians and people on bicycles.
Dan Jatres of the Regional Planning Commission spoke with Eric Paulsen on Tuesday morning, giving some simple rules that should be kept in mind when on the road.
Reminders For Pedestrians
- Looking both ways before crossing
- Follow traffic control signals at intersections
- Do not use cell phones or iPods while crossing the street
Reminders For Motorists
- Make eye contact with pedestrians crossing the street
- Do not block or park in crosswalks
- Do not use cell phones or iPods while driving
Reminders For Bicyclists
- Ride on right side of road with the direction of traffic'
- At night, use a white light in front & a red light in the rear
- Always wear a helmet
The RPC has lots of information to help everyone share the road and stay safe. For more information, click on the link to their page.