One-year-old injured in Algiers' house fire

Print
Email
|

wwltv.com

Posted on April 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Updated Friday, Apr 12 at 2:57 PM

NEW ORLEANS - A one-year-old child was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a morning fire in an Algiers home.

A couple of buildings near the Crescent City Connection caught fire in a two-alarm blaze Friday morning.

A mother and her four children escaped the fire, according to the New Orleans Fire Department, at a home in the 1300 block of Teche Street, after a neighbor alerted them to the fire. One of the children was taken by EMS to the hospital to receive medical treatment.

The two homes suffered significant damage in the fire, according to the fire department.

 

 

Print
Email
|