NEW ORLEANS — WWL-TV was honored by the Suncoast Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences with 5 Emmy Awards Saturday night.
WWL-TV took awards in the Continuing Coverage, Investigative, Crime, Human Interest and Societal Concerns categories.
It was the largest haul of awards of any TV station in New Orleans.
The winners were:
- Mike Perlstein and T. J. Pipitone - Continuing Coverage: Justice for Nimali
- Katie Moore and Derek Waldrip - Investigative: Standard of Care
- Karen Swensen and Derek Waldrip - Crime: Surviving the Ambush
- Meg Farris and Brian Lukas - Human Interest: Chlo'ee's story
- Charisse Gibson and Derek Waldrip - Societal Concerns: The Talk