NEW ORLEANS — Over the course of its 300-year history, New Orleans’ cuisine has been one of its greatest gifts to the world. Now, as we celebrate the city’s 300th birthday and WWL-TV’s 60th anniversary, our gift to you is a free e-cookbook, with free summertime recipes.
This edition of our "360 In the Kitchen" cookbook series focuses on dishes that are perfect for the long, hot south Louisiana summer. Coping with the heat and humidity of a New Orleans summer has been a way of life here from the beginning. From salads and dishes with lighter sauces to icy cool desserts, our cookbook gives you some creative recipe ideas to try without sacrificing any of the flavor that New Orleans cooks are known for.
Biscuit Spinach Cheese Ring
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing biscuits
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan
- 2 cup gouda, or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ricotta
- 3/4 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Halve biscuits and flatten each one out, then roll into a ball and place in an oven-proof skillet seam side down. Arrange in a ring around the skillet. Brush biscuits with olive oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
- In a large bowl, combine gouda, or mozzarella, ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and salt and mix until combined.
- Spoon dip into center of skillet and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Bake until warmed through, bubbly, and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.
More Recipes on WWLTV.com:
- Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Pull-Apart bread with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Recipe: Herbed Tomato Cobbler by Chef Kevin Belton
Watch Chef Kevin Belton every Tuesday morning on Eyewitness Morning News on WWL-TV and WUPL.