NEW ORLEANS — Over the course of its 300-year history, New Orleans’ cuisine has been one of its greatest gifts to the world. Now, as we celebrate the city’s 300th birthday and WWL-TV’s 60th anniversary, our gift to you is a free e-cookbook, with 'Family Favorite' recipes.
This cookbook series celebrates New Orleans’ family favorites recipes, to coincide with the city’s tricentennial. What better way to commemorate 300 years of life in the city we love than by celebrating the thing that truly unites us all: food.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup gouda, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Creole seasoning
- 4 oz. diced pimentos, drained
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature before proceeding.
- Then add cream cheese, cheddar and gouda cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, onion powder, cayenne pepper, Creole seasoning, pimentos and hot sauce to a large bowl.
- Thoroughly mix by using mixer, if possible, this with ensuring that the mixture is fully combined.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve with toast points and or crackers.
Watch Chef Kevin Belton every Tuesday morning on Eyewitness Morning News on WWL-TV and WUPL.