Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 bell peppers of your choice, red, green, yellow, etc.
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups white or brown rice, cooked
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook beef, sausage, onion and garlic in a large pot until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except rice. Simmer uncovered 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Add rice and parsley and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until heated through.
RELATED: Recipe: Cocoa Peppermint Cookies
Click here to download the free WWL-TV "Summer Favorites" cookbook as well as the previous editions with Recipes for Cajun cooking, Lent, Global Cuisine and Holiday Recipes from Kevin Belton, Frank Davis and others.
Watch Chef Kevin Belton every Tuesday morning on Eyewitness Morning News on WWL-TV and WUPL.