Halloween season approaching and many community are beginning to put on or release dates for their seasonal events for month of October.
We're keeping a list of community events throughout the season here.
With the COVID-19 pandemic still ongoing, it is recommended that you follow health guidelines when taking part in community events and make sure you're aware of any specific rules that they may require.
- Bettendorf City Hall Trick or Treat
- 9:30-11 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 31 at Bettendorf City Hall.
- Open to costumed children up to 5 years old.
- Boo at the Zoo
- Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 30 and 31 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Bring your kids to the Niabi Zoo for some free treats
- Tickets are available here, or at the gate when you arrive
- Davenport Halloween parade
- Saturday, Oct. 30 at 6:30 p.m.
- Parade kicks off from 3rd Street and Pershing Avenue.
- East Moline Public Library's Haunted Library event
- The 1st floor of the library will be transformed into a spooky attraction not recommended for kids 10 and under from 7-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 29-30.
- Children's activities will take place 2-4 p.m. Saturday, with a lights-on walkthrough at 3 p.m.
- Eats Before Treats
- Sunday, October 31 from 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at New Life Fellowship in East Moline.
- A free drive-thru dinner service giving out sack dinners featuring hot dogs, chips, and drinks to families looking for food before they go out trick-or-treating.
- Muscatine Bewitching Bash at Soccer West
- Trunk or Treat from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 30
- Decorated vehicles will be lined up in the Soccer West lot on the west side of South Houser Street.
Parking available in the main lot of the Muscatine Soccer Complex.
- Rescued Just Treats Halloween Open House
- Saturday, October 30 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Rescued in Moline
- Open house includes a bake sale, kids' goodie bags, and free dog treats to take home
- Factory of Fear
- Open every Friday-Sunday from Sept. 24 through Oct. 31.
- 7 p.m. - midnight Fridays and Saturdays for $25.
- 7-10 p.m. Sundays for $22.
- Haunted Carter Farms
- Open 7-10:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays through Oct. 30.
- Admission starts at $15, or $13 with the donation of two canned good items.
- Quad Cities Haunted Forest
- Open 7-11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, Oct. 8-30.
- Admission costs $20.
- Quick Shine Express' Wash of Terror
- 7:30-10:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays in October as well as Halloween night at the Quick Shine Express Car Wash, 505 E. 53rd Street in Davenport.
- Price of admission is $25 per car, with $5 of the admission fee being donated to Friends to the Elderly.
- Shock House
- Open October 1-2, 8-9, 14-16, 21-23 and 28-30.
- 7-11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays for $17, and 7-10 p.m. on select Thursdays for $15.
- A lights-on show for kids will be held 1-4 p.m. Oct. 30. Admission for the "little ghouls" event is one canned good per child, which will go to a local shelter. Costumes are encouraged!
- Skellington Manor - Theatre of the Macabre
- Every Friday-Sunday until Oct. 31.
- 7 p.m. - midnight on Fridays and Saturdays, and 7-10 p.m. on Sundays.
- Admission begins at $20.
- Torment at Twelve Hundred
- Open every weekend in October; 7 p.m. - midnight on Fridays and Saturdays and 7-10 p.m. on Sundays.
Davenport Public Library Trunk Or Treat 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 27 at the Fairmount Library. Local organizations, first responders and library partners will hand out candy. Mississippi Market - Annual Halloween Scavenger Hunt 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 23. Admission is free. Two Rivers Church Trunk or Treat 2-4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 24 at Two Rivers Church, located at 1820 5th Avenue, Rock Island. Bettendorf's 2021 Halloween Parade 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 28 in Bettendorf. The parade will begin at 23rd Street and Middle Road, then continue onto Spruce Hills Drive. Family Halloweekend at Girl Scouts' Camp Liberty Travel to Camp Liberty, located at 4415 295th St. in New Liberty, for a safe day of Halloween fun for the whole family 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 23. Activities include a candy apple bar, archery, climbing wall, hayrack ride, zipline and food trucks. Register and buy tickets for the event here. Trunk-or-Treat event, Generations at Rock Island This trunk-or-treat event will be from 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 27 at Generations at Rock Island, 2545 24th St. Wear a costume and bring the kids. RSVP by Monday, Oct. 25 via email to email@example.com. Moline Park and Recreation's Spooktacular Trunk or Treat Sunday, Oct. 23 from 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. at Greenvalley Softball Comlpex - 5920 52nd Avenue. 20 different businesses offering treats for the kids Park in the front lot, walk through the facility into the back lot. Follow the signs. Social distancing and face coverings are strongly encouraged. Fright Night in the Park Thursday, October 28 from 5 to 7 p.m. at Schwiebert Riverfront Park in Rock Island A free kid-oriented Halloween event with trick-or-treating, costume contests, live music, dance performances, and free goodie bags for the first 500 kids.
RELATED: Stay in the know with WQAD online