Police have arrested a second suspect in the Bourbon Street shooting.
NOPD detectives along with State Police identified and arrested 20-year-old Travon Manuel as the second suspect in the Bourbon Street shooting that occurred on Nov. 27.
Manuel was arrested in St. Martin Parish. He is from Lafayette, La.
State troopers located Manuel at a home in the Lafayette area where he was arrested without incident. He will be brought to New Orleans to face one charge of second degree murder and nine counts of attempted murder.
Police arrested the first suspect, 20-year-old Jordan Clay, earlier today.
According to NOPD, Troopers located Clay at a home in Breaux Bridge where he was arrested without incident and will be extradited to New Orleans to face the same charges as Manuel.
Both men were in town for the Bayou Classic Weekend according to police. Detectives said that both men knew each other and had been involved in an ongoing dispute.
That dispute came to a head on the morning of Nov. 27 when police say both suspects opened fire on a crowded Bourbon Street, killing Demontris Toliver and wounded nine other people.
Chief Harrison says the investigation is on-going.
“We have a lot of work left to do on this investigation and we will not be deterred,” Harrison said. “Together we will continue to work aggressively and relentlessly to bring everyone responsible in this incident to justice.”