NEW ORLEANS — COVID-19 vaccines are now being distributed across all of Louisiana's 64 parishes and 9 health regions.
The state is boosting its distribution of vaccines to the elderly, allowing people aged 70 and older as well as healthcare workers.
As of Feb. 22, 2021, the vaccines are available to the following groups:
- Everyone 65 and older
- Individuals ages 55-64 with at least one of the conditions listed by the CDC as placing them at an “increased risk of severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19”
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Down syndrome
- Heart conditions including but not limited to heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30kg/m2 or higher but less than 40kg/m2)
- Severe obesity (BMI greater than 40kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Teachers and any other support staff working on site in K-12 or daycare
- All pregnant persons
- Dialysis providers and patients
- Ambulatory and outpatient providers and staff
- Behavioral health providers and staff
- Urgent care clinic providers and staff
- Community care providers and staff
- Dental providers and staff
- Non-emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) providers and staff
- Professional home care providers (including hospice workers) and home care recipients (including older and younger people with disabilities over the age of 16 who receive community or home-based care, as well as clients of home health agencies)
- American Sign Language (ASL) and foreign language interpreters and Support Service Providers (SSPs) working in community and clinic-based settings, and clients who are both deaf and blind
- Health-related support personnel (lab staff, mortuary staff who have contact with corpses, pharmacy staff)
- Schools of allied health students, residents and staff
- Law enforcement and other first responders
- Louisiana Unified Command Group
- State and local essential COVID emergency response personnel
- Some elections staff ahead of March and April elections
Click here for a list of COVID-19 Vaccine Locations in Louisiana.
The COVID-19 vaccine data published below is via the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals.
Click here for a map of the LDH regions.
Initiated vaccine series counts all individuals who have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine in a non-trial setting. Individuals are still counted as having initiated their vaccine series even after they complete said series.
Completed vaccine series counts all individuals who have received the recommended number of doses of a given COVID-19 vaccine and are not recommended to receive any more. Individuals who have completed their vaccine series are also counted as having initiated their vaccine series.
Unvaccinated is calculated by subtracting the number of individuals who have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine from the total population of the specific region.