LAFOURCHE PARISH, La. — Here’s the latest information on power, curfew, water and more for Lafourche Parish. Save this link and check back for updates if you live in Lafourche Parish.
According to a Sunday morning update from Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office, there is no running water, power, or cell signal throughout most of the parish. Gas is scarce, leading to long lines at the pump
Residents can return to the parish outside of curfew times but are advised to come prepared with all provisions necessary to self-sustain.
- A nightly CURFEW is in place from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- A BURN BAN is in effect.
► For an emergency, call 9-1-1, 985-772-4810, or 985-772-4824
Do you have information that should be added to this list? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for FEMA Aid:
Our local Field Offices will hand out pre-filled sandbags to elderly and disabled residents with a 25 bag limit per household. Self-fill will be available to all other residents at the below locations:
TFO- 2565 Veterans Blvd, Thibodaux
CFO- 122 Choctaw Road, Thibodaux
BBFO – 104 Myrtle Place, Houma
RFO – 129 Texas St, Raceland
LFO – 6236 Hwy 308, Lockport
GFO – will be set up at the corner of Hwy 1 and W-97th St.
Vision and RTC have announced additional community Wifi locations. We appreciate their service!
- 115 West 10th Blvd, Larose, LA 70373
WiFi network name: “Vision Community Wifi”
No password required
- 131 West 11th Street, Galliano, LA 70345
WiFi network name: “Vision Community Wifi”
No password required
- 171 Leighton Road, Thibodaux, LA 70301
WiFi network name: “RTC Community Wifi”
No password required
Disaster Medical Assistance Teams (DMAT) provide high-quality rapid-response medical care. They are now set up at the following locations:
St. Anne Hospital DMAT - Open 24 hours
Thibodaux Hospital DMAT - Open 9 AM - 9 PM
Also, Walmart’s “Big Blue” mobile pharmacy is open in the parking lot at the Walmart Supercenter in Galliano, 16759 LA-3235, from 9 AM to 5 PM for prescriptions or immunizations.
HOT MEALS, ICE, WATER
Water, tarps, ice, and Meals Ready-to-Eat (MRE) are available for Lafourche Parish from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the following locations:
List of PODS from the Lafourche Parish distribution sites
- Larose Civic Center 307 E. 5th Street, Larose, LA 70345
- Bayou Blue Recreation Center 200 Mazerac St. Bayou Blue LA 70364
- Our Lady of Prompt Succor Church 723 North Bayou Dr, Golden Meadow, LA 70357
- Lockport Central Fire Station 806 Crescent Ave, Lockport, LA 70374
- Grand Bois 747 Bourg Larose Hwy Bourg, LA
BLUE ROOF SIGNUP ASSISTANCE
Golden Meadow Sept. 12 to Sept. 14 at the Dollar General, 400 S. Alex Plaisance, Golden Meadow, LA 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bayou Boeuf Sept. 15 to Sept. 17 at the Volunteer Fire Department in Bayou Boeuf. 3447 Hwy 307. from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
► To view the latest outage information, visit Entergy's Outage Map.
Lafourche Parish - Estimated Date of Restoration: September 29
Number of outages as of 9 a.m., Sept. 13: 27,310
Area Notes: While the estimated date of restoration is September 29, we expect to begin powering critical facilities and other social infrastructure within the parish in advance of this date. We expect to continue this focus while we expand to residential areas and restore power to the parish. The area suffered massive damage, and the electric network in southern portions of the parish will have to be completely rebuilt. These areas, including Golden Meadow and areas south of Golden Meadow, may experience outages that extend beyond September 29. We are currently evaluating alternate solutions to be able to safely provide power as quickly as possible. We cleared the majority of LA 1 to open heavy haul route to allow for equipment to be transported through the area of Port Fourchon. We cleared all of Hwy 308 from 138. We are working towards restoring feeder for St. Ann Hospital. Thibodeaux Regional Hospital restored as well as the City of Thibodaux Water Plant. Restored North Lafourche Water Plant, Rienzi and Sewer Plant. Crews continue working in the Raceland, Matthews, Valentine, Lockport, LaRose and Cut Off communities. Personnel also met with State Police and National guard to develop a traffic plan to ensure the safety of our crews and the public.
► Boil Water Advisory:
LOCATIONS REMAINING UNDER BOIL WATER ADVISORY:
The BOIL WATER ADVISORY remains in effect for all of the District’s South Distribution System, which includes all of South Lafourche and portions of Central Lafourche. This advisory includes all customers serviced by the District:
• in the communities between the South Coast Gas Office and the Lafourche-Jefferson parish line (on both sides of Bayou Lafourche)
• in Gheens
• in Des Allemands
• in Romero Subdivision (in Bayou Blue)
• in Grand Bois Community
LOCATIONS LIFTED FROM BOIL WATER ADVISORY:
Effective immediately, the Lafourche Parish Water District No. 1 is RESCINDING its BOIL WATER ADVISORY for all of the District’s North Distribution System. Investigative samples analyzed by the Louisiana Department of Health indicate the Boil Water Advisory can be LIFTED for all customers serviced by the District:
• in Raceland above the South Coast Gas Office
• in Bayou Blue, excluding Romero Subdivision
• in the community of St. Charles
• in Thibodaux
• in West Thibodaux
• in Choupic, Chackbay, Choctaw, and Kraemer
The Red Cross has set up a shelter at the Assumption Parish Community Center (4910 Highway 308, Napoleonville)
The following Businesses are open as of Sept. 9:
- Family Doctor Clinic: 804 South Acadia Road, Thibodaux (8am-5pm)
- Cardiovascular Institute of the South: 1320 Martin Luther King Dr., Thibodaux (7am-5pm)
- Heart Center of Lafourche: 400 N Acadia Rd., Thibodaux (9am-1pm)
- Digestive Health Center: 764 N Acadia Rd., Thibodaux (8am-4:30pm)
- Advanced Physical Therapy and Rehab: 508 N. Acadia Rd., Thibodaux (7am-5pm)
- Genesis Physical Therapy: 272 West Main Street, Thibodaux (9am-4pm)
- Divinity Home Health: 200 East 6th Street, Thibodaux (8:30am-5pm)
- Roundtree Dentistry: 120 Rue Colette, Thibodaux (M-Th 8am-5pm, Fri. 8am-12pm)
- Thibodaux Regional Internal Medicine: 506 N Acadia Rd., Thibodaux (8am-5pm)
- Ortho LA: 726 N Acadia, Thibodaux (8am-12pm) *urgent Otho care*
- Coastal Urgent Care: 2031 Audubon Dr., Thibodaux (9am-8pm)
- Manceaux Arcement Pizzolato Porche Chiopractic: 970 S Acadia Rd., Thibodaux (8am - *call to schedule appt. 446-2403*)
- Daigle Physical Therapy: 142 Maguerite, Thibodaux (8am-12pm)
- Center for Pediatrics: 604 N Acadia (8am-5pm)
- Grafton Dermatology: Thibodaux (8am-12pm)
- Matherne Dermatology: 416 Hwy 308, Thibodaux (8am-4:30pm)
- Thibodaux Funeral Home: 104 St. Patrick, Thibodaux (9am-3pm)
- CVS: 201 N Canal Blvd., Thibodaux (8am-5pm)
- D&M Pharmacy: 1772 Canal Blvd., Thibodaux (8am-2pm)
- Bayou Drug Store: 1615 St. Mary Street, Thibodaux (8am-4pm)
- Southland Drugs: 1117 Audubon Ave. (8am-2pm)
- Walgreens: 195 Canal, Thibodaux (9am-4pm)
- Rouses #16: 204 North Canal Blvd., Thibodaux (7am-5pm)
- Rouses #17: 1653 St. Mary Street, Thibodaux (8am-5pm)
- Rouses #59: 1030 South Acadia Road., Thibodaux (7am-5pm)
- Walmart Supercenter: 410 N Canal Blvd., Thibodaux (10am-5pm)
- Walmart Neighborhood Market: 224 West Main Street, Thibodaux (9am-4pm)
- Doller General: 305 Hwy. 20, Chackbay (8am-4pm)
- Smoothie King: 210 N Canal Blvd., Thibodaux (8am-6pm)
- PJs Coffee: 200 E Bayou Rd., Thibodaux (7am-7pm)
- Waffle House: Thibodaux
- Conoco Gas Station: 1715 St. Mary Street, Thibodaux
- Nocko’s Discount: 1530 Highway 20, Thibodaux (6am-6pm)
- Donut and Deli: 108 E Bayou Rd., Thibodaux (7am-6pm)
- Go-Bears #13: 1501 St. Mary, Thibodaux (6am-7pm)
- Go-Bears #40: East Bayou Rd., Thibodaux (6am-7pm)
- Go-Bears #27: 2659 Hwy 1, Labadieville (6am-7pm)
- Go-Bears #26: 512 Hwy. 20, Thibodaux (6am-7pm)
- Go-Bears #23: 1654 Hwy 1, Thibodaux (6am-7pm)
- Murphy: 412 N Canal Blvd., Thibodaux (7am-6pm)
- Blake's Deli: Thibodaux (7am-5:30 pm)
- Thibodaux Tire and Auto: 801 Jackson Street, Thibodaux (7am-5pm)
- Gary's Propane and Cajun Cast Iron Cookware: Thibodaux
- Sherwin-Williams Paint: 31 Rienzi Dr., Thibodaux (7am-1pm)
- Lowe’s: 614 N Canal Blvd., Thibodaux
- Coburns: 1300 Ridgefield Rd., Thibodaux (7am-4pm)
- Precision Appliance: 803 St. Mary Street, Thibodaux (9am-1pm)
- Synergy Bank: 1070 S Acadia, Thibodaux (9am-6pm)
- Synergy Bank: 209 E Bayou Rd., Thibodaux (9am-6pm)
- South Louisiana Bank: ALL Locations (Drive thru 8am-5pm, Lobby 9am-4pm)
- Capital One: Thibodaux
- Southern Loans: 1208 Canal Blvd., Thibodaux (8am-5pm)
- United Community Bank: Thibodaux (9am-4:30pm)
- Nicks Refrigeration: Thibodaux (8am-1pm)
- Doug's Service Company: 1459 Tiger Drive, Thibodaux (7am-7pm)
- Lynn's Interiors: Thibodaux (Monday 10am-5pm)
- Room Solutions: Thibodaux (Monday 10am-5pm)
- Southern Loans: 1208 Canal Blvd, Thibodaux
- The Kut Mens Haircuts: 1050 South Acadia, Thibodaux
- Durocher Veterinary Clinic: Thibodaux (M-F 8am-1pm)
- Signs R Us: 1817 Ridgefield, Thibodaux (8am-3pm)
- St. John Treasure Box: 2233 St. Mary, Thibodaux (8am-3pm)
- Point Made Construction: 2233 St. Mary, Thibodaux (8am-3pm)
- Children’s Clinic: 110 Acadia Park Dr., Raceland (8am-5pm)
- Lafourche Urgent Care: 4912 LA 1, Raceland (8:30am-5pm)
- Rouses #24: 1428 Crescent Ave., Lockport (8am-4pm)
- Walmart: La 1, Raceland (8am-6pm)
- Dollar General: 902 Crescent Ave., Lockport (8am-4pm)
- Jesters Court Gheens Truck Stop: 5375 LA 308, Gheens (8am-6pm)
- Cash Magic: 109 S. Service Rd., Raceland (6am-6pm)
- Shell Gas Station: 4566 LA 1, Raceland (8am-5pm)
- Lockport Discount: 615 Crescent Ave., Lockport (9am-7pm)
- O’Reilly Auto Parts: 730 Crescent Ave., Lockport (8am-5pm)
- Napa Auto Parts: Raceland (M-Sat. 8am-3pm)
- Tractor Supply: 4724 LA 1, Raceland (8am-4pm)
- Sugarland Hardware: Raceland
- Raceland Ag Service: 3932 Hwy 308, Raceland (M-Fri. 8am-4pm, Sat. 8am-12pm)
- Family Pet Animal Hospital: 5566 N Hwy. 1, Lockport (9am-noon)
- United Community Bank: Raceland (9am-4:30pm)
- Bayou Boucherie Meat Market: 4980 Hwy 1, Raceland (985-242-3075)
- Lady of the Sea Medical Clinic: 144 W 134th, Cut Off (M- Fri. 8am-5pm)
- Lady of the Sea Pharmacy #1 and #2: 144 W 134th, Cut Off (M-Fri. 8am-5pm)
- Complete Occupational Health Services: 13554 Hwy 3235, Larose (M-Th. 8am-4:30pm, Fri. 8am-noon)
- Total Urgent Care: 314 Hwy. 3162 Cut Off (M-Sat. 8am-5pm)
- CVS: 16804 W Main Street, Cut Off (9am-5pm)
- Walmart Mobile Pharmacy Unit: 16579 LA 3235, Galliano (9am-5pm)
- Walgreens Mobile Unit: 13998 W Main St., Larose (M-F 9am-4pm)
- Lafourche Animal Hospital: 128 W 67th, Cut Off (9am-1pm)
- Rouses #81: 13086 Highway 3235, Larose (8am-5pm)
- Off the Bone Market: 704 N Alex Plaisance Blvd., Golden Meadow (M 8am-6pm, 985-291-1579)
- Go-Bears #25: 18513 HWY 3235, Galliano (6am-7pm)
- Bayou Office Machines: 13066 W Main Street, Larose (8am-4pm)
- Callais Office Supply: East 71st Street, Cut Off (M-Th. 8am-4pm, Fri. 8am-11am)
- Lefort Furniture: 14672 W Main Street, Cut Off (M-F 8am-4pm, Sat. 8am-1pm)
- Superior Rent to Own: 14492 West Main Street, Cut Off (9am-5pm)
- CB Electrical Supplies: 20964 Hwy 1, Golden Meadow (M-Th. 7am-5pm, Fri. 7am-4:30pm)
- Martin's Heating and AC: 17396 West Main, Cut Off
- AAA Complete A/C: Call 985-798-7100
- Renovations Hardware: 16815 E Main St., Cut Off (7am-6pm)
- Souther Home Furnishings: 14814 West Main, Cut off (M-F 8am-5pm, Sat. 9am-2pm)
- Hancock Whitney Bank: 16176 W Main St., Cut Off (9am-4pm)
- Dominos Pizza: 16646 W Main, Cut Off (11am-6pm)
- Cher Amie’s Restaurant: 15628 W Main St., Cut Off (M-Sat. 11am-7pm) *Cash Only*
- SL Bank: North Larose and Galliano (10-2)
- State Bank: All locations
- KMAR Supply: 654 A O Rapplet Rd., Golden Meadow-Port Fourchon (M-Fri. 7:30-5, Sat. 8-1)
- Melaco Sisters Hardware: Cut Off (M-F 8am-4pm, Sat/Sun 8am-2pm)
- Performance Automotive: 13161 Hwy 3235, Larose (M-F 8am-3pm)
The parish-wide curfew was changed Monday, Sept. 13 to 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
All Lafourche Parish public schools are closed until further notice.
President Archie Chaisson has declared a parish-wide burn ban effective immediately.
Trash pickup service resumed Friday, Sept. 3 wherever trucks can gain access. DO NOT place shingles in the trash (makes receptacles too heavy). This route will be for HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE only; debris will not be picked up.
Drop off sites for mainly household garbage and small amounts of trash will be available at the following locations starting on Saturday, September 11th:
- River Birch Renewable Energy, 2130 Bayou Blue Rd.
- Lake Boeuf Boat Launch, Hwy 308, Raceland
- Lockport Field Office, 6236 Hwy 308, Lockport
- Galliano Library, 16241 E. Main St., Cut Off (located near Recycle Bin)
- Republic Services Larose Yard, W. 39thSt., Larose (8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mon-Fri)
- Thibodaux Field Office, 2565 Veterans Blvd ,Thibodaux
- 1710 S. Bayou Dr, Old Golden Motor property
- 1901 N. Bayou Sr, Chine’s Net Shop, on bayou side,
DEBRIS CLEAN UP
To assist in these collection efforts, we ask that storm debris and regular garbage and trash be kept separate as much as possible. To assist these contractors in the removal of debris, it is requested that you place all debris at street curbside away from fire hydrants, low hanging wires, water meters, etc... Do not burn debris or trash as it can impact the air quality and create additional hazards. To further assist in these efforts, we ask that the storm debris be separated into different piles. These piles are:
(1) Construction/Demolition material – carpet, drywall, furniture, lumber, mattresses, plumbing materials, shingles and tiles. DO NOT PUT this material in regular garbage cans.
(2) Vegetative Debris - tree debris, leaves, logs, plants. DO NOT BAG this material, DO NOTPUT in regular garbage cans
(3) White Goods(household appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, a/c units, washers and dryers, microwave ovens, etc…)
(4)Electronics – computers, TV’s, stereos, radios, and other devices with an electric cord.
(5) Household Hazardous Waste – cleaning supplies, lawn chemicals, oils, oil based paints, pesticides, batteries, or other items that may be of a hazardous nature.
Regular household garbage has transitioned to once per week pickup until further notice.
Continue to put garbage out on regular schedule, if service is not provided on first collection day of the week, it should be provided by end of second collection day of week. Regular household garbage should be collected at least once per week. If you do not have a parish issued garbage can at this time, you may use a can that is similar to the parish can, 60-95gal, square, sturdy, and the contractor will attempt to service it. Otherwise, you can call to get on list for a can but there will be a delay in delivery.
The Parish expects to have up to 40 debris trucks and several debris sites operating by the end of the week. Operations will continue to ramp up to 60 or more trucks by next week. The Parish will sweep all parish streets and collect storm debris from the public right-of-ways.
Drop off sites for mainly household garbage and small amounts of trash will be available at the following locations starting on Saturday, September 11th, 2021:
· River Birch Renewable Energy, 2130 Bayou Blue Rd.
· Lake Boeuf Boat Launch, Hwy 308, Raceland
· Lockport Field Office, 6236 Hwy 308, Lockport
· Galliano Library, 16241 E. Main St., Cut Off (located near Recycle Bin)
· Republic Services Larose Yard, W. 39thSt., Larose (8am-4pm, Mon-Fri)
· Thibodaux Field Office, 2565 Veterans Blvd ,Thibodaux
· 1710 S. Bayou Dr, Old Golden Motor property
· 1901 N. Bayou Sr, Chine’s Net Shop, on bayou side,
Try not to put debris in roadside ditches, if possible, that may block drainage.
Any resident who has storm debris is asked to place the debris curbside at this time as described above.
We ask your patience and understanding in allowing our contractors the time that it will take to complete the lengthy process of cleaning up the entire parish. Once per week garbage collection is only temporary and normal garbage service will resume as soon as possible.
Concerning insurance; if you have or will receive insurance proceeds for the removal or disposal of disaster generated debris, do not place on right-of-way for collection.
The Parish will be responsible for Parish streets. The State of Louisiana, DOTD, will b \e responsible for all state highways and routes.
The parish and its contractors are not entering private property to collect debris at this time. Debris collection will occur at or very near the public right of ways. Property owners will be responsible to make sure the debris is placed in the proper location for collection. It is anticipated that a Private Property Debris Removal process will be initiated at a later date for properties that qualify for assistance. Further announcements will be made as needed.
Your patience, understanding, and cooperation are greatly appreciated during this time. While there is no need to call our office during this time as the Parish and DOTD are conducting a parish wide collection of all storm debris and regular garbage collection, if you feel that you must call you may contact us at 985-537-7603 or 1-800-794-3160.