NEW ORLEANS — After the trail of destruction left behind by Hurricane Laura, many people are left without homes, food, clothes along with other essential needs.
The city of New Orleans and surrounding parishes are lending a helping hand to the hard-hit areas who are in need, by collecting donations.
Many places around the city are accepting clothes, hygiene products, cleaning supply, water and non-perishable food items. If you would like to donate you can drop off donations to the following locations:
- United Way Southeast Louisiana main office at 2515 Canal Street August 31 and September 1st 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.( Also accepting public donations to its Disaster Relief Fund to support struggling households.
Visit UnitedWaySELA.org/DisasterRelief to make a contribution)
- United Way of St. Charles Edward A. Dufresne Community Center 274 Judge Edward Dufresne Parkway Luling, La, August 31- September 2, 2020 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
- United Way of St. Charles Allen Arterbury Building 14564 River Road, New Sarpy, La, August 31- September 2, 2020 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Household of Faith Family Worship Church International 9300 I10 Service Road, New Orleans, La August 30- September 4 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Junior League 4319 Carondelet St. August 31 and September 1st 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Red Cross- visit redcross.org, call 800-RED-CROSS or text the word LAURA to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Second Harvest Food Bank is looking for people to help fight against hunger for the families devastated by Hurricane Laura by donating what you can. You can send in your donation at no-hunger.org.
- The Men's Club of St. Ann Church and Shrine in Metairie collect non-perishable goods from 6:30 – 8:30 on September 8-10.
- St. Philip Neri water, Poweraid/Gatorade, nonperishable food items, cleaning supplies, personal hygiene supplies, baby supplies, and gift cards will be accepted September 1 from 7 am to 9 am.
- St. Therese Academy in Metairie is accepting donations from school families August 31-September 4.
- St. Joan of Arc says that you can provide financial support by donating online at https://www.osvonlinegiving.com/2904/DirectDonate/56981
You can also bring donations to any of the hotels that are housing evacuees.