NEW ORLEANS - A massive sinkhole formed Uptown near the intersection of Tchoupitoulas and Constantinople Thursday afternoon.
The sinkhole, which was easily more than ten feet wide and deep occurred when crews were repairing a 12" water main at the location.
The hole and repair has caused water to be cut in the immediate area. In addition, there are streets affected:
- Constantinople from Tchoupitoulas to S. Front
- Tchoupitoulas from General Taylor to S. Front
- Austerlitz from Gen. Taylor to S. Front
- S. Front from Constantinople to Gen. Taylor
- Marengo from S. Front to Tchoupitoulas