NEW ORLEANS — The spring semester will look a little different at Southern University for the Baton Rouge and New Orleans campuses due to the increase in COVID cases.
- Campus will reopen for business on Tuesday, January 4, 2022.
- Residential housing Move-In Day will still take place on Friday, January 14-Monday, January 17, 2022.
- Classes will be held virtually beginning Tuesday, January 18-Monday, January 31, 2022.
- Employees will work remotely January 4-14, 2022. A staggered schedule will be implemented January 18-31. All essential employees, as determined by their respective supervisors, will be required to come to work in person as needed during the remote/staggered schedule.
- In-person classes, originally scheduled to begin January 12, 2022 will now start on January 26, 2022. Online classes will begin as scheduled.
- The university will still reopen for business after the holiday break on Tuesday, January 4, 2022, with most employees working remotely.
In a press release, Southern says employees and students should still upload proof of vaccination or other relevant documentation as required. They're also encouraging the use of online services to avoid coming to campus unless absolutely necessary.
More updates will be posted to the university's website and social media channels as needed.