ST. BERNARD PARISH, La. — Here's the latest information on power, curfew, water, and more for St. Bernard Parish. Save this link and check back for updates if you live in St. Bernard Parish.
Entergy's estimated time for restoration for the St. Bernard Parish is Sept. 7.
► For an emergency, call 9-1-1, 504-579-4888, 504-442-5739 or 504-784-3087.
Do you have information that should be added to this list? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for FEMA Aid:
DISASTER SNAP (DSNAP)
Residents of parishes approved for federal Individual Assistance as a result of Hurricane Ida are encouraged to pre-register for Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits (DSNAP).
- If DSNAP is declared, pre-registration will speed up your application
- If you pre-registered or applied for DSNAP over the past year, it is not necessary to pre-register again, although you will have to apply by phone during the DSNAP period
- Go to //dcfs.la.gov/DSNAP
- Text LADSNAP to 898-211 to receive DSNAP updates, if DSNAP is approved for your area
HOT FOOD WAIVER
Louisiana has received a “hot food waiver” from the USDA to allow DSNAP recipients to use benefits to purchase “hot or prepared foods” through September 28, 2021.
- is vital to our residents who are displaced or without power and have no means to cook their food
- applies to P-EBT benefits and DSNAP benefits, if and where approved
- does not allow the use of SNAP benefits at restaurants, but does allow purchases of prepared food from retailers in Louisiana that accept EBT cards
Note: DSNAP benefits can be used at any retailer in the United States that accepts EBT