UPDATE: As of Sunday, Jan. 21, 2018, the boil water advisory has been lifted.
Residents in Laplace have been cleared to use their water as of noon Saturday.
A Boil Water Advisory remains in place for Garyville, Reserve and Edgard.
Stop Water Usage:
- Urgent - Residents are urged to stop water usage until further notice
- Little to no water pressure is affecting the Parish due to excessive use, isolated leaks and broken pipes
- Businesses and homeowners with back flow preventers should monitor them regularly for leaks
- Temperatures will warm today (mid 40s) before dropping below freezing again tonight.
- Hard Freeze Warning
- Wind Chill Advisory
- A list of freeze precautions are available at sjbparish.com.
- A pencil thin faucet drip should be used as a last resort during freezing temperatures
- Please shut off water once temperatures improve
- Entergy is asking customers to reduce electricity due to high demand
- Tips include: lowering the thermostat to 68 degrees or lower, delaying laundry, washing dishes, bathing until later in the day.
- Don't allow warm air to escape from the home. Fill holes and gaps where wiring and pipes enter house.
- I-10 is closed from Lafayette to Kenner
- I-55 is closed in both directions
- For the latest road closures, dial 511
Closures on Thursday, Jan. 18:
- Public & Private Schools
- Parish Government Offices
- Council on Aging Centers
- South Central Louisiana Technical College - Reserve Campus
- All extracurricular activities are cancelled
- Please monitor weather and news stations for latest updates
- Parish sites will be updated throughout the day at sjbparish.com and on Facebook
- Sign up for emergency text messages and emails, visit sjbparish.com and click on "Stay Connected"