NEW ORLEANS — At least two families were able to escape safely after a fire broke out at their duplex in the 2400 block of Touro Street in the Seventh Ward.
There's no word yet on the cause of the fire, but homeowners told us everyone, including the pets, are safe with no injuries to report.
Firefighters say the origin of the fire appears to be a tarp and Porta-potty that was set up next to the home. The call came in at 3:14, and firefighters arrived four minutes later, despite initially being given an address down the block.
The Red Cross is assisting the five adults who were displaced.