NEW ORLEANS — Saints Pro Bowl quarterback Drew Brees will give it another run in 2020, the QB announced on his Instagram Tuesday morning.
The news comes as the Saints were trying to figure out what to do with backup quarterbacks Taysom Hill and Teddy Bridgewater.
Brees turned 41 years of age in January.
"My feelings about the 2020 season! I look forward to the grind and the journey, for the reward at the end will be worth it!!! Love you #WhoDatNation. Let’s make another run at it!"
Drew Brees career milestones
- 2001 - Picked in the 2nd round by the San Diego Chargers in NFL Draft
- 2006 - Signs 6-year, $60 million contract with the New Orleans Saints
- 2006 – Saints finish season 10-6, advance to NFC Championship Game
- 2009 – Saints start season 13-0 en route to 13-3 record
- 2010 – Saints win NFC Championship Game, win Super Bowl, Brees is MVP
- 2011 – Brees leads NFL in completion percentage, passing yards and passing TDs
- 2012 – Brees signs 5-year, $100 million contract
- 2013 – Brees becomes youngest to reach 50,000 passing yards
- 2014 – Extends NFL record of seasons with 30 or more TD passes to 7
- 2016 – Leads league in passing yards
- 2017 – Sets record by completing 72 percent of his passes
- 2018 – Signs two-year, $50 million contract
- 2018 – Becomes third QB in history to beat all 32 teams
- 2019 – Tears ligament in thumb, misses 5 games
- 2019 – Sets record for career TD passes
- 2019 – Completes 29 of 30 passes to set single game mark