NEW ORLEANS — Entergy New Orleans' CEO and President Deanna Rodriguez was on the Eyewitness Morning News to talk about the status of power in the New Orleans metro area. Here are the highlights of what she had to say.
- Crews out today starting at daybreak to assess damage
- Need to know full extent of damage before proceeding
- Crews having to take caution for their safety
- Transmission tower that survived Katrina was knocked down into river
- That tower is only one path to get power out, there are alternatives
- No timeline for restoration yet
- Need to assess the damage and how best to get people back up quickly
- Other lines may be damaged, but maybe not to extent of downed line
- “It won’t be done overnight, but that’s one tower”
Rodriguez said," We don't know exactly the damage the wind and rains have caused, still trying to figure out exactly what damage has been done."