TAMPA, Fla. — Elsa brought heavy rain and dangerous winds to the Tampa Bay area Tuesday evening and into Wednesday.
That knocked out power to thousands of people from all over the Tampa Bay region.
Lineworkers worked to restore power as soon as it was safe to do so.
A majority of outages are served under TECO, but other outages were reported by Florida Power & Light and Duke Energy.
Here are links to the outage maps for power companies in the area:
For the latest information, on Elsa's path, download the free 10 Tampa Bay app.
- NHC: Tropical storm watch, storm surge watch issued for Tampa Bay ahead of Elsa
- Tropical Storm Elsa remains a strong system; Tampa Bay still needs to keep an eye on it
- Be Prepared: What to do before, during and after a hurricane
- Explosives set off to bring down rest of collapsed condo
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter