NEW ORLEANS — We have a list of school system and university reopening plans. Here is what we have as of Tuesday, Sept.7
If you see an error or if you know of a school that is not represented and you have information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jefferson Parish Schools will begin reopening in waves starting on Sept. 20
A third of the district's 81 campuses were damaged.
The following 11 schools will reopen on Sept.20:
- Bridgedale Elementary
- Estelle Elementary
- Harahan Elementary
- Harold Keller Elementary
- Harry S. Truman School
- Metairie Academy for Advanced Studies
- Phoebe Hearst Elementary
- Ralph J. Bunche Elementary
- Ray St. Pierre Academy for Advanced Studies
- Washington Elementary
- Woodland West Elementary
20 Schools reopening Sept. 24:
- Park Academy for Advanced Studies
- Alice Birney Elementary
- Allen Ellender School
- Bonella A. St. Ville Elementary
- Clancy-Maggiore Elementary School for the Arts
- Congetta Trippe Janet Elementary
- Ella C. Pittman Elementary
- Ella Dolhonde Elementary
- Granville T. Woods Elementary
- Greenlawn Terrace Elementary
- Isaac G. Joseph Elementary.
- J.C. Ellis Elementary
- John James Audubon Elementary
- Joshua Butler Elementary
- Marie Riviere Elementary
- Paul J. Solis Elementary
- Shirley T. Johnson Gretna Park Elementary
- Strehle Community School
- T.H. Harris Middle
- Woodmere Elementary
41 Schools reopening Oct. 1
- A.C. Alexander Elementary
- Alfred Bonnabel Magnet Academy High
- Bissonet Plaza Elementary
- Chateau Estates School
- Cherbonnier-Rillieux Elementary
- Douglass Community
- East Jefferson High
- Emmett Gilbert School of Excellence at Ford
- George A. Cox Elementary School
- Geraldine Boudreaux Elementary School
- Grace King High
- Green Park Elementary
- Gretna Middle School
- Gretna No. 2 Academy for Advanced Studies
- Haynes Academy for Advanced Studies
- Hazel Park/Hilda Knoff Elementary
- Helen Cox High
- J.D. Meisler Middle
- Jefferson Elementary
- Jefferson Virtual High School
- John Ehret High
- John Q. Adams Middle
- Joseph A Cuillier Sr. Career Center
- L.H. Marrero Middle
- L.W. Higgins High
- Lincoln Elementary School for the Arts
- Lionel Collins Elementary
- Livaudais Middle School
- McDonogh No. 26 Elementary
- Mildred S. Harris Elementary
- Patrick F. Taylor Science and Technology Academy
- Riverdale High
- Rudolph Matas Elementary
- Ruppel Academie Francaise
- Stella Worley Middle
- Terrytown Elementary
- Thomas Jefferson Academy
- Tom Benson School
- Walter Schneckenburger Elementary
- West Jefferson High
- William Hart Elementary
Three schools closed indefinitely:
- Grand Isle School
- Leo Kerner Elementary
- Fisher Middle-High School
- All schools closed until further notice
- Orleans public schools to reopen between Sept. 15 and 22
- Catholic schools to reopen on Sept. 13, though some, harder hit, may be longer
- Louise McGehee closed through Sept. 13 at least
- Trinity Episcopal School will reopen on Monday, September 13.
- All schools in Belle Chasse community will open Tuesday, Sept. 14
- South Plaquemines, Boothville-Venice, Phoenix High and Plaq. Parish Learning Center still TBA
- Belle Chasse Academy will reopen on Monday, September 13.
St. Bernard Parish
- Public Schools will reopen on Monday, Sept. 13.
St. Charles Parish
- St. Charles Parish Public Schools will be closed until further notice
St. James Parish
- St James Parish School System will remain closed through Friday, Sept. 17
St. John Baptist Parish
- Public schools closed until further notice.
- St. Charles Catholic closed until at least Sept. 10
St. Tammany Parish
- All St. Tammany Parish public schools and offices will reopen on Monday, September 13.
- All public schools closed until further notice.
- Terrebonne Parish is planning to reopen the following schools on Monday,
September 27, 2021:
● Bayou Black Elementary
● H. L. Bourgeois High (7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon)
● Broadmoor Elementary
● Caldwell Middle
● Coteau-Bayou Blue Elementary
● Gibson Elementary
● Honduras Elementary
● Houma Jr. High
● Lisa Park Elementary
● Oakshire Elementary
● Schriever Elementary
● Southdown Elementary
● Terrebonne High (7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon)
● Village East Elementary
PHASE 2 - SEPTEMBER 28:
● All Ellender Memorial High students will go to Terrebonne High.
Terrebonne High students will attend from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon;
and EMHS students will attend from 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
● All South Terrebonne High students will go to H. L. Bourgeois High.
HLB students will attend from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon; and STHS
students will attend from 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
PHASE 3 – SEPTEMBER 29:
● Upper Little Caillou Elementary Pre-K through 1st grade will go to
Village East Elementary; and 2nd – 4th grade will go to Montegut
● Grand Caillou Elementary Pre-K & Kindergarten will go to Honduras
Elementary; and 1st – 4th grade will go to Dularge Elementary.
As electricity is restored and we are able to assess HVAC, and any
electricity issues, etc., at schools not listed, hopefully these schools can
be brought back online shortly.
- All Washington Parish Schools are set to resume on Sept. 7
Colleges and Universities
- The University of Holy Cross - Classes resume Sept. 18
- UNO - Classes will resume on Sept. 13, all classes will be online until Monday, Sept. 20
- Loyola - Virtual classes on Sept. 13 for at least a week. Campus on Sept. 20. Fall break on Oct. 11-12 is canceled.
- Herzing University in Metairie says classes start Sept. 8.
- Delgado Community College Virtual class starts Sept. 20 through Oct. 1
- Tulane University is canceling classes through Sunday, September 12. Classes will resume online on Monday, September 13 through Wednesday, October 6. In-person learning will resume by Oct. 11.
- Xavier University Classes resume remotely on Sept. 7.
- Southern University's Baton Rouge campuses will be closed through Labor Day, Sept. 6.
- Southern University at New Orleans (SUNO) will remain closed through Friday. Classes resume Sept. 13.
- Nunez Community College will remain closed through at least, Sept. 12.
- Northshore Technical Community College plans to reopen on Sept. 13.
- Dillard University - Dillard says some parts of campus have power, but most are still in the dark. They plan to provide a timeline for a return to classes once an assessment of the campus is completed.
- LSU - Classes resume Tuesday, Sept. 7.
► Track the tropics, live updates from Your Local Weather Experts delivered directly to you throughout hurricane season by downloading the FREE WWL-TV News app now in the IOS App Store or Google Play.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.