NEW ORLEANS — Tropical Storm Cristobal made landfall along southern Plaquemines Parish just west of Port Sulphur around 5:00 PM Sunday.
Some showers and rain bands will continue to spiral over especially the Mississippi Coast and Northshore areas on Sunday evening. A Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until Tuesday morning with rain totals around 2-6+ inches.
Storm surge flooding outside of the Hurricane Protection Levee System and across Lake Pontchartrain and Maurepas is occurring, but water levels should gradually fall Sunday night.
On Monday, Cristobal will be moving from north Louisiana into Arkansas. However, feeder bands of heavy rain could move right over southeast Louisiana in the first part of the day. If one of these bands sets up over us, we could see it last for hours with heavy rain. That means flash flooding could still be an issue. There is no way to say where the band will set up and stall, so be prepared. High temperatures will be in the mid 80s.
- Mandatory evacuation ordered for Grand Isle ahead of Cristobal
- Voluntary evacuation orders issued for parts of Jefferson Parish
- Mandatory evacuations ordered for parts of Lafourche Parish
- Terrebonne Parish issues mandatory evacuation orders for vulnerable areas
- Voluntary evacuation orders given for Plaquemines Parish communities
- Low-lying areas of St. John Parish under voluntary evacuation order
St. James Parish
(Bring your own shovel)
- East Bank: Grand Point Fire Station - 32122 Highway 642
- West Bank: Vacherie Elementary - 13440 Highway 644
- Town of Gramercy: Gramercy Water Plant - 407 Highway 44
- Town of Lutcher: Lutcher Maintenance Barn - 1132 Lutcher Avenue
St. Tammany Parish:
All locations will have sand and bags provided. Residents are asked to bring their own shovels in case all shovels provided are in use. In addition, residents are asked to limit the number of sandbags to 15 per vehicle. The locations will be open from dawn to dusk.
- St. Tammany Parish Government- Building - 21410 Koop Dr., Mandeville
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Airport Road Barn - 34783 Grantham College Rd. Slidell, LA
- The Old Levee District Site - 61134 Military Road (Hwy 1090) Slidell, La.
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Fritchie Barn - 63119 Highway 1090 in Pearl River
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Keller Barn - 63131 Fish Hatchery Road, Lacombe
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Covington Barn - 1305 N. Florida Street, Covington
Hancock County, MS:
The Hancock County Emergency Management Agency will have self-serve sand and sandbags at the following locations on June 5, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. Please bring your own shovel. If you need assistance with getting the sand-bags, please contact the Hancock County Emergency Management Agency at 228-255-0942 or Hancock County Central Dispatch at 228-255-9191
- Hancock County Horse Arena - 4184 Kiln/Delisle Road
- Old Hancock County Complex - 3068 Longfellow Drive
- Lakeshore Community Center - 6440 Lower Bay Road
- Bayside Fore Department - 6215 West Hinds Street
- West Hancock Fire Department - 16006 Washington Street
- Diamondhead City Hall - 5000 Diamondhead Circle