NEW ORLEANS —
To apply for FEMA Aid:
To pre-register your application if DSNAP is approved for your parish. Visit dcfs.la.gov/preregister for more information.
FOOD, WATER, MORE
What: Walk-On’s is opening a Hurricane Ida Relief Kitchen, which will serve one free meal to anyone in need.
When: Thursday, Sept. 16 starting at 11 a.m.
Where: Walk-On’s located at 1977 Prospect Blvd. in Houma
Mattress Direct is partnering with Life Church in Houma and Healing Place Church in Baton Rouge this Friday, September 17th to provide 800 free hot meals to anyone affected by the hurricane at the Mattress Direct store located at 1788 Martin Luther King BLVD, Houma, LA 70360.
Terrebonne Parish residents may pick up water, ice, food (MREs) and tarps at the following locations in the parish from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM:
- Living Word Church 1916 LA 311, Schreiber, LA
- Point-aux-Chenes 581 Hwy 665 Montegut, LA 70377
- Mechanicville Gym 2814 Senator Street Houma, LA 70363
- Donner Community Center 361 Azalea Drive Donner, LA 70352
- South Terrebonne High School 3879 LA. Highway 24 Bourg, LA
- Teche Action Clinic 3799 Grand Caillou Road Houma
- Dularge Fire Dept Central Fire Department 1767 Dularge Road Theriot, LA
- Montegut Recreation Gym 107 Recreation Drive Montegut, LA
- Little Caillou Ward 7 Citizens Club 5006 Highway 56 Chauvin, LA
- Terrebonne Civic Center 346 Civic Center Blvd, Houma, LA 70360
Mike Brandner Injury Attorneys will be giving away a semi-load of free bottled water (20 pallets) and 1,000 boxed lunches on Friday, September 17th from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in the LA Health Solutions parking lot at 1528 W Airline Hwy, LaPlace.
Saturday, Sept. 18
St. John Community Center
2900 U.S. 51 in LaPlace
The mobile pantry will offer 1,000 families everyday staple food items such as canned goods, fresh produce, water and ice, as well as other high-demand recovery essentials including bleach, sanitizing wipes and diapers.
Tide Loads of Hope
In the wake of the devastating Hurricane Ida, P&G will be providing free laundry services for a limited time to affected residents. P&G’s Tide Loads of Hope Mobile Laundry Unit will be collecting and cleaning laundry, starting September 4, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at:
- Walmart Supercenter 1616 W Airline Hwy, LaPlace, LA 70068
Water, ice, and Meals Ready-to-Eat (MRE) are available for St. John the Baptist Parish residents daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. via drive-thru at the following locations:
- (4) Garyville Mt. Airy Math & Science Magnet School 240 Hwy. 54, Garyville, LA 70051
- Regala Park 200 Regala Park Dr. Reserve, LA 70084
- Wallace Bridge Park 114 Karlstein Rd. Vacherie, LA 70090
Sites are open daily 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., water, tarps, MREs, and ice will be available at the following locations:
- Larose Civic Center 307 E. 5th Street, Larose, LA 70345
- Bayou Blue Recreation Center 200 Mazerac St. Bayou Blue LA 70364
- Raceland Ag Center 100 Texas St., Raceland, LA 70394
- Our Lady of Prompt Succor Church 723 North Bayou Dr, Golden Meadow, LA 70357
- Thibodaux Family Church 785 North Canal Blvd, Thibodaux, La 70301
- Lockport Volunteer Fire Dept 806 Crescent Ave, Lockport, LA 70374
- 6th Ward Middle School (Choctaw Volunteer Fire Station) 1865 Choctaw Rd, Thibodaux, LA
Beginning at noon Tuesday, folks can get free cases of water at 1224 Front St Slidell, LA 70458, courtesy of Slidell ImmunoTek Bio Center. Water cases will be given out until supplies are depleted.
The Point of Distribution Site will open Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Water, MREs, and ice will be available at the following location:
- First Baptist Church, Covington, La. - off Bootlegger Rd. HWY 1085 - Near HWY 21
- Fritchie Park on West Howze Beach Road and will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Firefighters are providing Ice at Lake Road and Main St. in Lacombe Friday while supplies last.
Cox will provide hot meals beginning at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 14 at St. Gertrude Catholic Church, 17292 Hwy 631, Des Allemands. On Thursday, meals will be served for lunch in Ama at Mount Zion Baptist Church, located at 10867 River Road.
The Point of Distribution Site will open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Water, MREs, and ice will be available at the following location:
- Jerusalem Shriner Center 1940 Ormond Blvd, Destrehan, LA
- West Bank Bridge Park 13825 River Rd, Luling, LA 70070
- Walmart Parking Lot 2799 West Thomas Street, Hammond, LA 70401
- Village of Tangipahoa City Hall 12616 Jackson St. Tangipahoa, LA 70465
- Loranger High School 19404 Hiatt Road, Loranger, LA 70446
- White's Seafood 55822 Highway 445, Husser, Louisiana 70442
- Champ Cooper Elementary School 42530 Highway 445, Ponchatoula, LA 70454
- Walmart Parking Lot 1331 US-51 Ponchatoula, LA 70454
- Wilmer Fire Dept 22115 LA 10, Kentwood, LA
- Ardillo Restaurant 11128 Hwy 16, Amite, LA
- Town of Roseland City Hall 62438 Commercial Dr, Roseland, LA 70456
- Town of Independence City Hall 319 East Railroad Ave. Independence, LA 70443
- Kentwood High Magnet School 603 9th Street Kentwood, LA 70444
- Village of Tickfaw 50081 US-51 Tickfaw, LA 70466
NEW SITES MRE's, Water, Ice & Tarps.*** (As long as supplies last and they're being replenished constantly.)
- Belle Chasse Gov Complex 333 F Edward Hebert Boulevard, Belle Chase, La 70037
- Port Sulphur Community Center 278 Civic Drive Port Sulphur, La
- Percy Griffin Community Center 15577 Hwy. 15, Braithwaite, LA 70040
Salvation Army Disaster Public Meals
The Salvation Army USA will be at the following locations today at 1pm with meals:
Port Sulphur YMCA
278 Civic Drive
Port Sulphur, LA 70083
Boothville Venice Elementary School
1 Oiler Drive
Boothville, LA 70038
MREs and Water at rural fire districts for distribution.
Dates and times are listed below. If the these locations are utilizing a drive thru please remain in your car and make sure your trunk is open.
WPFD #1 17311 Hwy 25 - Bonner Today till 5PM then 8AM-5PM daily until supplies last
WPFD #2 39618 Hwy 10 - Richardson 4PM – 7PM daily while supplies last
WPFD #3 29468 Hwy 430 – Hayes Creek Today till 4:30PM then 830AM – 430PM daily until supplies last
WPFD #4 53091 Hwy 62 - Pine Please call 985-848-0502
WPFD #5 30162 Hwy 21 - Angie During the day
WPFD #6 25648 Hwy 21 - Varnado Today 6PM – 8PM then daily 9AM-12P daily while supplies last
WPFD #7 17380 Bill Booty Road - Bogalusa Today till 4PM
then 10AM – 2PM daily while supplies last
WPFD #8 Mt Zion Church 18018 Lee Road, Isabel Sunday, Sept 4, 2021 from 1PM – 4PM
WPFD #9 36365 Hwy 1055 – Mt Hermon Until 6PM
- Northshore Charter School 111 Walker St Bogalusa, LA
- Franklinton High School 1 Demon Circle Franklinton, LA 70438
ST. JAMES PARISH
MRE's and Water
St. James Parish: 8 am - 5 pm
- West Bank Location: St. James High School in Vacherie
- East Bank Location: Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church in Gramercy
Power: Estimated Date of Restoration: September 17 100% of customers remain without power
Parish-wide boil water advisory in place until water is restored.
DJ's Grille has partnered with Operation BBQ to provide 2500 free meals Monday at the old Jubilee Casino in Vacherie.
Meals are served on a first-come-first-served basis. Serving should start at noon with 4 plates maximum per vehicle.
Central City / Uptown
WHO: Councilmember Brossett in Partnership with New Hope Baptist Church, Pastor Jamaal Weathersby and Second Harvest Food Bank
WHAT: Food Distribution
WHEN: Friday, September 17 at 1:30 PM *while supplies last*
WHERE: New Hope Baptist Church, 1807 Reverend John Raphael Jr. Way, New Orleans, LA 70113
7th Ward / Gentilly
WHO: Councilmember Brossett in Partnership with Ray’s on the Avenue and Restaurant Depot
WHAT: Food Distribution
WHEN: Saturday, September 18 from 1 PM - 3 PM *or while supplies last*
WHERE: Ray’s on the Avenue, 2005 N. Broad Ave., New Orleans, LA 70119