NEW ORLEANS — Parts of Southeast Louisiana are bracing for heavy rain this weekend due to possible tropical development in the Gulf of Mexico.
The following parishes have shared that sandbags will be available at these locations:
Lafourche Parish government will open these locations will open for self-serve sandbags at 7 a.m. Thursday morning:
- Lockport Field Office, 6236 La. 308.
- Raceland Agriculture Center parking lot, Texas Street.
- Lafourche Fire District 3 Central Station, 17462 West Main St., Galliano.
- Oak Ridge Community Park, La. 3235, Golden Meadow.
- Thibodaux Field Office, 2565 Veterans Blvd., Thibodaux.
- Bayou Blue Recreation Grounds, La. 316 south of La. 182.
- Choctaw Field Office, 122 Choctaw Barn Road.
- Bayou Bouef Bridge, La. 307.
- Fairgrounds, La. 304, Chackbay.
- Des Allemands, under the bridge on Bridge Road at the intersection with Bayou Road.
- KC home in Pointe-aux-Chenes.
- End of Fairway Drive in Thibodaux, Country Club.
- End of Manchester Manor in Thibodaux.
Sandbag locations will open starting Thursday, June 17 at 12 PM. See below for sandbag locations. Residents should bring their own shovels and are limited to 10 sandbags.
- Plaquemines Parish Government Complex, PROWM Building (333 F. Edward Hebert Blvd, Belle Chasse, LA 70037)
- Port Sulphur YMCA, 278 Civic Dr, Port Sulphur, LA 70083
- Buras YMCA, 36342 Hwy 11, Buras, LA 70041
- Boothville Area across from Boothville-Venice Elementary School, Leroy Harvey Park
- Davant Community Center, 15577 Hwy 15, Braithwaite, LA 70040
- Braithwaite Auditorium, 1253 LA-39, Braithwaite, LA 70040
St. Charles Parish :
Sandbag locations will be open Thursday at 8 a.m. at these locations :
- East and West Bank Bridge Parks
- The Bayou Gauche location at Badeaux Lane
Residents are asked to bring their own shovels.
St. James Parish
Residents are advised to bring a shovel to fill bags at the below sandbag locations:
- Grand Point Fire Station - 32122 Hwy 642, Paulina
- South Vacherie Fire Training Center - 29126 Health Unit Street, Vacherie
- Kingview Fire Station - 8120 Kingview Street, St. James
St. John the Baptist Parish:
Sandbag locations open starting Wednesday from 1:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
Self-Serve Locations: (Please bring a shovel.)
- St. John Community Center - LaPlace
- Railroad Avenue Fire Station (near Riverside Academy) - Reserve
- Ezekiel Jackson Park - Garyville
- Juan Anthony Joseph Memorial Park - Edgard
- Wallace Fire Station
- Lucy Fire Station
- Pleasure Bend Fire Station
Pre-filled sandbags for elderly and disabled: (Limit 10 pre-filled)
- 425 Captain G. Bourgeois, LaPlace
Tangipahoa Parish :
Self-serve sandbag stations will be set up at the main fire station in each of the following communities:
In the 8th Ward, sandbag stations will be set up at the fire station on:
- LA 445
- The new station on LA 22 east in Bedico
- Fire stations on LA 22 east and west
- Hammond Baptist Fire Station.
- Terrebonne Parish will open self-serve sandbag locations at 10 a.m. Wednesday at these locations:
- Bobtown Fire Station, 4717 Grand Caillou Road.
- Ward 7 Citizens Club, 5006 La. 56, Chauvin.
- Mechanicville Gym, 2814 Senator St., Houma.
- Village East Fire Station, 100 Development St.
- Upper Dularge Fire Station, 631 Bayou Dularge Road.
- Cannata’s supermarket, 6307 West Park Ave., Houma.
- Bayou Black Fire Station, 2820 Savanne Road.
- Donner Community Center, 361 Azalea Drive.
- Houma-Terrebonne/Barry Bonvillain Civic Center, 346 Civic Center Blvd., Houma.
- Devon Keller Memorial Center, 5575 Bayou Black Road, Gibson.
- Adult Softball Complex, 9544 East Main St., Houma.
- Terrebonne Public Works North Campus, 206 Government St., Gray.
- Knights of Columbus Hall,1558 La. 655, Pointe-aux-Chenes.
- Gibson East Fire Station, 5218 N. Bayou Black Road.
- Montegut Fire Station, 1105 La. 55.
- West Terrebonne Fire Station, 110 Merry Moss St., Gibson.
- St. Ann Church, 4355 La. 24, Montegut.
Residents can get prefilled sandbags -- limit 20 bags per vehicle -- starting at 8 a.m. Thursday at the parish roads and bridges warehouse, 1860 Grand Caillou Road, Houma.
Sandbags will be located at the following locations starting Thursday, June 17 at 3 p.m. Please bring your own shovel. If you need assistance with getting the sandbags, please contact the Hancock County Emergency Management Agency at 228-255-0942 or Hancock County Central Dispatch at 228-255-9191. LOCATIONS:
- Hancock County Horse Arena, 4184 Kiln Delisle Road
- Old Hancock County Complex, 3068 Longfellow Drive
- Lakeshore Community Center, 6440 Lower Bay Road
- Bayside Fire Department, 6215 West Hinds Street
- West Hancock Fire Department, 16006 Washington Street
- Diamondhead City Hall, 5000 Diamondhead Circle
For further information, contact the Hancock County Emergency Management Agency at 228-255-0942.
St. Tammany Parish :
Sandbag locations are open for self-service at the following locations:
- Fritchie Barn - 63119 Highway 1090, Pearl River
- Covington Barn - 1305 N. Florida Street, Covington
- Koop Drive - 21410 Koop Drive, Mandeville Building C
Residents are asked to bring their own shovels in case all shovels provided are in use. Only 15 sandbags per vehicle.