BRADENTON, Fla. — One little lamb was having a "baaad" night after it got lost wandering the streets of Bradenton in the dark, the Manatee County Sheriff's Office said.
Thankfully, the lamb's night didn't get worse, thanks to the help of deputies.
Deputies say they were called in to rescue the baby sheep "thanks to the help of kind neighbors."
But, no one seemed to know where the lamb belonged. So, deputies gave it a ride to the farm at the Manatee County Jail. The lamb will stay there until its owner is found.
And, the sheriff's office said that, of course, the deputies had to take a photo to document the rescue, because "how often do you encounter a sheep walking around town?"
What other people are reading right now:
- You're vaccinated? Here's why you should still wear a mask
- League of Women Voters, Black Voters Matter sues all 67 counties over new election restrictions
- Gov. Ron DeSantis signs voting restrictions bill into law
- Study estimates there have been twice as many COVID deaths as reported
- Relief on the way for Florida’s hardest-hit restaurants
- Your ultimate Mother's Day gift guide
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter