BATON ROUGE - LSU is off to a fast start on the first day of the new early signing period.
LSU coach Ed Orgeron and his staff had signed 10 prospects by 10 a.m. Wednesday, including No. 9 and 10 from Evangel Christian Academy in Shreveport - outside linebacker Micah Baskerville and defensive tackle Davin Cotton who are both nationally ranked.
Those 10 signees with national rankings listed before their position follow in order of their signing on Wednesday:
1. No. 21 TE Zach Sheffer (6-3, 221) of Nease High in Ponte Vedra, Florida.
2. No. 50 TB Chris Curry (5-11, 205) of Lehigh High in Lehigh Acres, Florida.
3. No. 49 WR Kenan Jones (6-2, 205) of Berwick High in Berwick.
4. No. 39 DT Dominic Livingston (6-4, 345) of Aldine Davis High in Houston, Texas.
5. G Damien Lewis (6-3, 320) of Northwest Mississippi Community College in Senatobia, Mississippi.
6. No. 10 guard Chasen Hines (6-3, 310) of Marshall High in Marshall, Texas.
7. No. 24 DT Dare Rosenthal (6-7, 314) of Ferriday High in Ferriday.
8. WR Jaray Jenkins (6-1, 175) of Jena High in Jena,
9. No. 20 OLB Micah Baskerville (6-2, 215) of Evangel in Shreveport.
10. No. 23 DT Davin Cotton (6-3, 275) of Evangel in Shreveport.
LSU is expected to sign approximately 18 of its 20 commitments Wednesday with two other commitments expected to sign on Thursday and Friday - No. 27 tailback Tae Provens of Madison County High in Gurley, Alabama, and No. 7 weak side defensive end Jarell Cherry of Carter High in Dallas, Texas: