NEW ORLEANS — The Friends of Bayou St. John organization announced its 2019 lineup for the 14th annual Mid-City Bayou Boogaloo Festival on Monday.
Tab Benoit, Cowboy Mouth, Raw Oyster Cult and Amanda Shaw are some of the top acts for the festival, which is again presented by the non-profit organization Positive Vibrations Foundation.
The weekend festival is set to take place on the banks of Bayou St. John on May 17, 18 and 19.
See the complete music lineup:
- Tab Benoit presented by the National Endowment for the Arts,
- Cowboy Mouth,
- Raw Oyster Cult
- Amanda Shaw & The Cute Guys presented by the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation
- GRAMMY winner Steve Riley & The Mamou Playboys
- Little Freddie King
- Erica Falls
- Angelo Moore and the Brand New Step
- Morning 40 Federation
- Cole Williams Band, J & The Causeways
- Suspects Tribal Gold
- South Jones
- New Orleans Classic Big Band featuring special guests
- The Tumbling Wheels
- New Orleans Swamp Donkeys
- Joe Lastie’s New Orleans Sound
- Roadside Glorious
- Jamaican Me Breakfast Club
- Patrick Sweany
- Omari Neville & Fuel, St. Lorelei
- Miss Mojo
- Valerie Sassyfras
The festival will include four stages, a VIP 'Canopy Club' and food from 30 local restaurants, organizers said.
Last year's festival was rocked by heavy storms on day one but organizers were able to bounce back and reported a successful event the rest of that weekend.
Organizers said sponsors for this year's festival include local businesses like:
Urban South Brewery, Port Orleans, Jose Cuervo, Ruby Slipper Café, National Endowment for the Arts, Hancock Whitney Bank, Mid City Pizza, New Orleans Magazine, Cumulus Media and Edwards Communities. New sponsors in 2019 include: Keesler Federal Credit Union, Entergy, Louisiana Lottery, Big Easy Bucha, sHarper Shots Productions and Tchoup Industries.